Ron and Jeannie returned to snowy Hungary on Monday, March 5, after spending 4 months in the United States. The US stay was a little longer than normal because it was to be bookended by a CHE Vision Seminar near Show Low, Arizona the first week in November and a TOT1 for Native Americans the last week of February. Due to organization complications the TOT1 had to be postponed, but that did not detract from a very busy and productive time in the States.
Some of the highlights were:
spending quality time, birthdays and holidays with our daughter Jessy, son-in-law Bob, and our three fabulous grandchildren, Moxie, Calvin and Milo.
- hosting a wonderful, neighborhood Christmas open house for about 25 to 30 people.
- facilitating a CHE Vision Seminar at the Ignite headquarters near Show Low, Arizona for about 30 participants, mostly Native American. Big Al Taufete’e, Director of Ignite, a true CHE champion, organized the event and will help bring together Native Americans for a future TOT1.
- visits to North American Baptist Churches in Kansas (Emmanuel Baptist Church of Marion
and First Baptist Church of Durham), South Dakota (Calvary Baptist Church of Aberdeen) and Illinois (Immanuel Baptist Church of Kankakee) during the month of February.
- time spent with the faculty at Sioux Falls Seminary where we worked together on producing a Masters in Community Development, Bible and Theology Program for advanced workers in the Global CHE Network. Nate Helling and Nathan Hitchcock mentored Ron and Terry Dalrymple, Executive Director of CHE, for almost six hours on the fine points of their innovative Kairos program and creating “targets and artifacts” for the 2 to
3 year Masters Degree.
- being in Phoenix, near Terry, gave Ron the opportunity to tap into his vast wealth of knowledge and experience as they collaborated to develop the Masters Program.
- presenting our ministry at the annual gathering in February of NAB folks living or wintering in the Phoenix area.
- helping to promote NAB Gateway short-term mission teams to Hungary for this summer and fall with Randy Schmor. Want to know more? Contact Ron or Randy.
- working with Steve Liberti of Proclaim Ministries and Laci, Feri and Marijana to organize a two-week August 2018 music and arts outreach in Hungary and Serbia.
Communicating with NAB churches and donors so that MEK Hungary was able to hire Feri Oláh full-time and with non-NAB churches and donors so that Sasha Cipra is able to continue as salaried Director of EZZ Bosnia for the present. (Thank all of you very, very much for helping make these things happen!)
What’s happening in March? Ron and Jeannie are making plans to visit our teams in Serbia and Hungary to see new and established projects and catch up in-person on our CHE team members.